Sustainable Fashion is a movement that promotes the use of sustainable apparel materials and ethical production practices. Our selection of apparel affiliate programs on this page is divided into the following categories: sustainable clothing, shoes, handbags, and jewelry.
All of these affiliate programs aim to reduce the negative environmental impact of the fashion industry, while still providing consumers with high-quality and stylish clothing and accessories.
The benefit of promoting sustainable fashion as an affiliate is multi-directional.
- You’ll drive traffic and sales that will help contribute to a reduction in the apparel industry’s current environmental impact.
- You’ll earn income that is in alignment with your values.
Fashion apparel manufacturing is one of the most polluting industries in the world. It accounts for 10% of global carbon emissions, 20% of global wastewater, and 25% of global pesticide use. Sustainable fashion aims to reduce this impact by using more sustainable materials, reducing consumption and waste, and improving manufacturing processes with non-toxic and environmentally safe ingredients.
The clothing, shoe, handbag, and jewelry industries each have unique challenges to overcome in regard to their impact on the environment. From the extraction of raw materials to the manufacturing, and the transportation of finished products, each industry’s supply chain has room for improvement.
The production of clothing requires a large amount of resources, including water, energy, and land. For example, it takes about 2,700 liters of water to produce one cotton t-shirt. Conventional Cotton production is also a major user of pesticides and herbicides, which can pollute waterways and soil.
The fashion industry is the second largest polluter of freshwater, behind agriculture. This is because of the large amount of chemicals used in the dyeing and finishing of textiles.
But there are innovations sweeping the industry that help reduce and recycle water and prevent runoff pollution. Our list of sustainable clothing affiliate programs highlights the companies committed to these kinds of improvements.
It is estimated that the production of one pair of shoes generates about 30 kilograms of carbon dioxide emissions.
The production of leather requires a lot of animal lives, as well as other resources. While the production of synthetic materials, like polyester and nylon for shoes is often vegan it can still rack up resource consumption and generate pollution. Our list of eco-shoe affiliate programs showcases brands taking strides to be more sustainable and mindful in their manufacturing practices.
Many of the same challenges the footwear industry has, face manufacturers of handbags. Whether the bags are made from leather, natural, or synthetic materials there are foreword thinking approaches that companies can take to ensure a more sustainable product without sacrificing quality. It is our goal to share the affiliate program info for handbag companies dedicated to lessening their negative impact on the environment while making a positive impact on the public’s perception of eco-fashion.
For an industry that produces such tiny things, it has quite an outsized impact on the environment. The mining of precious metals, like gold, silver, and diamonds, can pollute waterways and soil, and decimate natural habitats.
However, the manufacturing of sustainable jewelry is attainable and worth promoting. The more the jewelry industry sees people voting with their dollars the more resources they will invest in conservational technologies and practices. Our list of jewelry affiliate programs features brands that have already made investments toward being more ecologically sound.
What should affiliates consider when looking for sustainable apparel affiliate programs?
There are a number of things brands can do to reduce the environmental impact of the apparel products they make. Some of these include:
- Use sustainable materials: Clothing, shoes, handbags, and jewelry companies can use materials that are highly renewable and they can emphasize the use of recycled materials.
- Reducing waste: Apparel brands can reduce waste by designing products that are more durable and easy to repair.
- Improving manufacturing processes: Eco-fashion companies can improve their manufacturing processes to reduce energy and water consumption as well as choose waterway-safe ingredients and hault water pollution.
- Offset Manufacturing and Shipping Emissions: Brands can invest in renewable energy resources and off set any emissions generated for the transport of their goods.
What can consumers do to help reduce the environmental impact of the apparel they buy?
- Buy less: Invest in higher quality items that are constructed to last.
- Buy sustainable products: learn about supply chains and understand which materials do the least harm.
- Buy secondhand products: Secondhand clothing, shoes, handbags, and jewelry are a great way to reduce your carbon footprint.
The Apparel industry is home to some of the most exciting innovations in sustainability and eco-activism. These affiliate programs are perfect for fashion influencers who want to make a positive impact on their bank account and the planet.